Sunday, March 27, 2016

Monthly Highlights: March 2016




If you're here taking time out of your busy day to read my ramblings (HUGS), you're awesome. Seriously, I know it's been a hectic month for everyone. What with school, assignments, and breaks, we're all running around more than usual. If this is your first visit to Forgotten Featherpen, allow me to elaborate on this week's post. The Monthy Highlights are where I look back on the previous month and share what's been going on! It's your chance to get a glance at everything from the blog, my life, and get a peek into next month's going-ons. Let's get started!

Blogging


*hangs head* I missed a week. Sorry everyone, but I missed a Monday back there. Homework demanded every moment of my week, and I could not get a post done in time. Forgive me? You guys are awesome. So just two little (but very pretty) posts to go over with you this week.


We take off on our adventurous road trip over Spring Break! But I found my writer's spirit had been overburdened and needed a reboot. So, in the car, I shared my Care Guide for Writers On Spring Break so all my other friends could know how to take care of their writer. I thought it was funny to put it in the form of a pet care guide.



Yeah, it's from the Relient K Song :) My College has announced they are going to have something similar. In this post, I share my musings on The Sadie Hawkins: My Turn To Be A Guy. I now understand the stuff guys go through when trying to select a date for formal events! 



My Life


Uh, school? I feel like I’ve been buried up to my neck with it lately. This month I’ve been working non-stop to make sure I stay ahead and do quality work. I had to work overtime just to prepare for Spring Break. Because I was NOT going to be doing homework on my vacation! Boy, was I glad to have that week completely free. That post I wrote about caring for writers over Spring Break…that was me that week.

I and my Suitemate braved the seven-hour road trip from college to my home where a week of relaxation and adventure awaited us. We were not disappointed. Of course, every day did not go exactly according to plan. But then, when does life in general ever go exactly as we planned? Spring Break was a lovely reminder of how important it is to stay flexible. We can’t be attached to our timelines and schedules. As useful as they are, they are not what is really important. Family, friends, and quality time last longer than a planned outing. 

Impromptu sleepovers, late night trips to Walmart to randomly shop, donut runs, colored pencils and coloring books; these unplanned moments meant more to me this Spring Break than everything else I had planned. I was meeting my loved ones face to face and inhabiting their world fully in the moment. Nothing is more important. 

Speaking of plans and staying flexible, sometimes it is not as pleasant an experience. I was also reminded on this Spring Break week that staying flexible can pinch a bit at times. I thought I had set long term plans. Turns out I needed to change a few things about my direction. We’re often asked to give things up for the sake of something else. It frustrates and stresses us out. Why is it being snatched from us? Why should we have to give these things up? 

The fact is we can’t ever predict everything down the road. We have to be grateful for what God has given, take things one step at a time, and trust Him to take care of the rest. Not to say that we should never plan. But never hold to your plans so tight that God can’t steer you towards where He wants you. 

Yeah, so that’s what I learned over Spring Break. I’m very thankful I had that time with my family and friends. It’s helped me feel refreshed as I head into the last half of this semester. 



IMPORTANT!


You guys like participating in polls? Here's your chance to have some fun with it. For the next month, I will have a poll in the sidebar for you guys to participate in. If you have any comments to share, feel free to leave them below. Enjoy!  








No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm very eager to hear your thoughts or questions. Please use the comment section to encourage good conversation for curious readers and fellow writers. Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to most comments so make sure to check back!