Monday, June 22, 2015

The Research Chronicles: June 2015

 


Hello everyone, and welcome to my first participation in the Research Chronicles! I was super excited when I found out about this particular link-up. I'm the sort of person who adores doing research. I'll research just about anything I can get my hands on. Lately it's been blogging and writing tips, but I have an ongoing love for researching ancient history. (as you can see from my Ancient Man Articles) Also, I want to write historical fiction so research is kinda what I do. I know there are lots of you out there that love research too, so you should enjoy this.

So what are The Research Chronicles? Well it's a blog hop/link-up of sorts that is free for anyone to join in at any time. Around the end of the month you get to share a post displaying what you've researched the past month. You can include research for your writing project, links to helpful writing articles, videos, or whatever! It's a win-win. You get the chance to put all your research into one place, and everyone else gets to benifit from what you share.

Sound fun? I thought so. If you want to get in on this link-up too then just follow the rules below and enjoy yourself!


 

 

 


Rules:

1. Gather a list of all the research you did

2. Put it together in a fun and funky post!

3. Post it! (Time to share with your readers! You never know how your research might help them)

4. Link back to Adriana Gabrielle's Blog and leave a comment with the link to your post.

 

That's it! Now on to the research!

 

 

 

 


Writing Articles

Obviously this month in my writing research I've been on the look-out for people who are working through what I'm working through: trying to write a book while being a full-time college student. I'm still learning how toeffectively plan out how I spend my time. All of these articles were extremely helpful in that respect. I am also somewhat of a perfectionist. Not a perfect on, but the tendancies are there. The acticle about perfectionism and how it sabotages you was like me talking to me! Three of the below were written by Mandy Wallace...which probably means I should follow her now. Enjoy the read!


 

~ 17 Signs Perfectionism is Killing Your Writing Dreams

~ How Writing to a Daily Word Count Can Sabotage Your Writing Success

~ How To Be A Writer (Part II): Writing On A Busy Schedule

~ Too Scared To Write? The One-Two Punch Approach That Finally Got Me Writing

 

 


 

Ancient History Articles

 

Yes, I do love Ancient History. Unfortunately this month I had to love school more that digging through articles about the fascinating ancient world. I promise next month there will be more interesting tidbits here for you to take a look at. I'm even thinking of writing up some posts here to talk about my interests in ancient history. If y'all have any ideas of what you'd like to know, let me know in the comment section.


~Visoko: An Astronomical Map of More than 100,000 Years

~ The Rise and Fall of Sumer and Akkad

 

 

 


That's it for my first link-up in the Research Chronicles! Next month I'm going to spend more time preparing so I can have more links for ya'll to visit. Spread the word about this link-up! I'm sure it will become a useful tool for everyone. Any of you guys struggle with perfectionism like I do? What about time management? Any questions or comments feel free to leave them below!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. I still need to do this link-up! So many link-ups to do not enough blog slots. XD I've struggled with perfectionism. I usually keep the mindset to just not worry about in the first drafts and deal with it during the editing process ... which is where I am now lol. Concerning time management, lists are my life. XD

    storitorigrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! When I first found this link-up I was super excited! I'm still having trouble finding others to do when I have an open week. What are some of your favorite linnk-ups? Thanks for stopping by! You're becoming a regular and that makes me happy :)

      Delete

I'm very eager to hear your thoughts or questions. Please use the comment section to encourage good conversation for curious readers and fellow writers. Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to most comments so make sure to check back!